Tuesday, July 12, 2016

FET Schedule

I just got off the phone with my nurse. My FET is scheduled for 1:45pm, but I need to check in at 1:15pm. 75 minutes prior to the FET, I need to empty my bladder and then drink 20 oz. of water (12:30pm-12:45pm). They prefer you have a full bladder during the transfer so that they have better visualization during the abdominal ultrasound to help the doctor know where best to implant the embryo.

I am planning on going in for my pre-FET acupuncture appointment at 10:45am (45-minute appt.), then go to lunch with my mom, drink my water, then check in for my FET appt. After the procedure, I will go back and do my post-FET acupuncture appointment, then go home and rest.

The nurse recommends I take it easy for the 2-3 days after the transfer, with no heavy lifting, and light aerobics only (walking, yoga, swimming). I am to continue my del Estrogen and Progesterone injections until the first blood pregnancy test (2 weeks later).

I am getting super nervous/anxious, especially since we are still waiting on the embryology lab to re-biopsy the non-concurrent embryo (they are taking their sweet time!)...in the mean time, I am doing a whole lot of meditating and praying to get me through today and tomorrow!



FET Schedule for Thursday, 7/14/16:
  • 10:45am – 1st Acupuncture Appt.
  • 12:30pm – Empty bladder, then drink 20 oz. of water before 12:45pm
  • 1:15pm – Check in (4th floor) for FET Appt. (Bring photo ID)
  • 1:45pm – FET procedure
  • ~2:30pm – 2nd Acupuncture Appt. (exact time TBD)


After Transfer:
  • Take it easy for 2-3 days; no heavy lifting, light aerobics only (walking, yoga, swimming)
  • Continue injections until first blood pregnancy test

No comments:

Post a Comment