Sunday, July 10, 2016

Preparing for FET

I got back from my short visit home on Friday. Unfortunately, my connecting flight got canceled, so I had to kiss my checked suitcase goodbye as I tried to find another flight. Luckily, I found one that would get me home around the same time, but it meant that my Early Bird Check-In status was gone. Luckily, I found a window seat (next to a couple) on my first flight, and since I was riding in the same plane to my 2nd destination, I was able to switch seats after we landed, and I got a first row seat with extra leg room. As I suspected, my bag was lost, but I got it back the next morning after my lining check.

Speaking of my lining check (yesterday, Saturday, 7.9.16), I was super nervous in the days leading up to it. I made the mistake of perusing message boards online (which can be good or bad), and came across a post where a woman's FET was canceled because she had ovulated. I immediately started panicking because I had no idea that your FET cycle could be canceled due to something like that. Of course, I was worried because I had some ovulation-like discharge, so I brought out my trusty ovulation predictor kits (OPK)...which I thought I was done with forever! I went to my lining check appointment yesterday morning, and the sonographer said my uterine lining looked great (8.6mm vs. 3.4mm at baseline), so I just had to wait for the nurse's phone call with my blood work results. She called later in the afternoon and told me everything looked great, that I had not ovulated, and that I would start nightly Progesterone in Oil injections (1 cc) in the evening. Everything seems to be a go for my FET scheduled for Thursday, 7.14.16.

I am trying to get as many sessions in at the gym as I can, because I won't be working out for awhile after the transfer. I'm also still planning on doing acupuncture sessions before and after the FET. I've even stocked up on walnuts and Brazil nuts, and plan to get a pineapple for the week after. Eating those things may be an old wive's tale, but I'm willing to do anything to up the chances of a pregnancy!



No comments:

Post a Comment