Friday, May 27, 2016

Day 8 of Stims

Stims: Day 8 - 4th morning of Cetrotide (25 mg)
7 nights of Gonal-f (175-150 IU) & Menopur (75-150 IU)
Today is my 8th day of injections. The veins in my arms are a little bruised so blood draws are a bit harder for the phlebotomists. During the u/s, the sonographer found 10 follicles in my left ovary and 14 in my right. She said that I could expect to make appointments for every day this weekend. I keep forgetting that the fertility clinic is open 24/7, because the doctors, nurses, sonographers, etc. need to be ready at any point in time to retrieve eggs and implant embryos! Reminds me of when I worked at an emergency vet hospital all during grad. school. Memorial Day is Monday, and they don't get the day off.

I didn't get a call from my nurse this afternoon so I called the after-hours number and the nurse on-call called me back to tell me that the doctor wants me to decrease the Gonal-f dosage from 150 IU to 125 IU, and to keep the Menopur and Cetrotide doses as is. I have another appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning (Saturday).

David comes tomorrow night, so I am excited. It's been lonely and difficult not having him here, and I know he's been bored at home by himself so hopefully this will make things a little easier. David coming means that the egg retrieval is right around the corner! We don't have the date set yet, but it should be some time next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment