Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Not-So-Oral Estrace

Last time I spoke to the doctor, he had mentioned that my lining (at the last FET) was about 8.6mm (they aim for over 8) but that he would consider adding in an Estrace suppository this time around. I asked the nurse about this, and the doctor agreed that I could add in the vaginal Estrace. I was expecting her to call in a new script, but (unlike Progesterone), there is no "official Estrace suppository" and you just take the exact same pill vaginally! That's right...you stick that little blue pill up there.

I started this last night and am hoping it will help to increase my lining this time. It is a bizarre thing to do, but I spoke to two nurses about it (and read a few online message boards). I highly recommend wearing a pantyliner!

All in all, even with the extra steps of taking 2 pills (orally and vaginally) 2 times a day, it is much better to take the pills than to do the injections. You only have to do the injection once every few days, but there's so much involved with the injection (time of night, numbing, drawing up medication, switching needles, injecting, heating pad, etc.)...not to mention that I can't give it to myself since it's very hard to reach back there. The pills allow me to be much more independent, but just require that I have 2 alarms set every day.

I was looking at my calendar and I can't believe the transfer is only about 2 weeks away. I am not looking forward to the actual transfer (with the full bladder) and I am certainly not looking forward to the 2-week wait! Hopefully, it won't be as dreadful this time around. I am telling myself now that I will not do any at-home pregnancy tests this time. I am hoping I can exercise enough self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment